6 simple steps to eliminate failure
November 2020 – Feature
Refurbishing a 799D INBAL VALVE.
Nobody wants to be responsible for putting a deluge system out of action.
Insights from our Technical Manager who has 30 years of experience with valves.
- Understand the operation of an elastomeric valve – the basics. Do I feel confident and am I competent?
- Check serial numbers for everything, the age of the valve is important
- The Inbal spares are specific and tight fitting, match up the external rings before disassembly and the cable ties that come in the kit are there for a reason
- Before disassembly remember to measure up end to end length an make a note of it for reassembly
- Protect the end of the central stud when doing outer rubber sleeve fit, otherwise you may damage the thread
- Inbal has torque settings that may be different to company standards – use Inbal settings
Hint – there are online videos and Inbal can supply written instructions. Watch the videos as they make sense of the instructions.
For no cost a condensed all in one information paper with drawings, instructions and some of our helpful tips and insights is available by emailing email@example.com
Click here to receive more information about refurbishing a 799D INBAL VALVE.